Tuesday, May 15, 2007

4 alleged Haunted places in my local area, am preparing for some EVP fieldwork..


Background of my Initiation into Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP)

First, I watched the movie White Noise (Starring Michael Keaton)

I started getting into EVP once I bought my Digital Recorder (JNC USB-350) back in early December 2006 ($150 Australian Dollars). My very first recording was very very interesting...(though inconclusive, sadly) through the USB connection I analyzed it on my PC and subsequent recordings using freeware (Audacity), kindly referred to by the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena at their website www.aaevp.com

Then due to sudden circumstances I had to move house, and couldn't have my computer delivered to my house for months because of lazy relatives, and then the speakers on my computer blew when I switched the computer on from the powerpoint. Due to general poverty and stingeyness I put my EVP adventuring on ice and concentrated on lucid dreaming (as a launch-pad for astral projection/remote viewing etc) and settling into my new town.

Finally, just the other day I bought new speakers for my computer but they wouldn't work! Had to pay a computer guy 60 bucks to fix some conflicting drivers issue (0r was it conflicting sound cards?)

WELL - Now I am up and running again! Full steam ahead!

TIME FOR FIELD WORK

AND I have garnered information from my local New Age Store of Four Purported Haunted Sites. I plan to visit three of them during the dead of the night on weeknights, so as to minimise tainting of the recording by other noises.

The fourth site is at a local University and so I will just have to wait till their breaks between semester etc, and investigate during the daytime, as Unis tend to have friendly guards at night who will manhandle you and perhaps hit you with their heavy torch :)

3 comments:

Sophia said...

It sounds like you have some exploration ahead of you. Fun times! Will you be going alone or do you have a friend who will be joining you?

I'm looking forward to listening to your recordings. Good luck!

Matrljani said...

I checked out one of the places alone and at midnight a two nights ago, and man it was a creepy place.

It's an alleyway and there's supposed to be some abandoned building at the corner of the alleyway/lane and this other street. I couldnt figure out which building it was I figured, screw it I will just stand at the corner and make some recordings

(one in long play, one in high quality - HQ supposedly is less successful in catching any ghostie fishies because it has less internal noise in the circuitry, which you need)

I kinda semi-aborted my little foray though because I became a bit self-conscious about people in the neighbourhood, houses, and a block of flats overlooking me...I musta looked like some guy waiting for his dealer lol

now the creepy bit - as I'm walking back down this lane/alleyway (its officially called a lane in the street directory) there's all this gang-style grafitti on the walls like "tax collectors" etc and pentagrams and some other wierd symbol that looked like a kinda pentagram with other stuff on it,
and then there's this other alley that branches off from this alley at a right-angle, okay? and its a really narrow alley and it has this high gate cutting anyone off from simply walking into it. behind this narrow alley I could see only pitch-blackness but I could hear the sound of spraying *sssst* *sssst* and I could SMELL the spraypaint! :(

Matrljani said...

oh by the way - my recordings had nothing in them as far as I can tell...but they were shorter than you're supposed to make them (1.5 minutes instead of 3-5) and also I was too-self conscious to address any spirits verbally because of the locals lol

I'm definitely going back, but perhaps for the next time during the daytime, on a weekday lol...

Maybe I'll steel myself for another night voyage in a week or two. OR THREE! :)

Oh yeah, the *ssst* spraypaint can noises were definitely coming from that sub-alley, and from BEHIND the gates. what the hell would someone be doing in pitchblackness spraypainting on a wall? see my point? and I could SMELL it! *trembles*