Saturday, May 5, 2007

Taking Scientific Research of the Paranormal into One's Own Hands! Power to the People!

In places such as Yahoo Chat, more times than I can remember - some dolt will parrot the same old tired thing "But you can only prove things if you use Scientific Method". Right, and Wrong. Scientific Method is to prove things for Mass Consumption. Not everything that is True can be proven to the masses, or at least not yet. There are countless things that occur to one person or small groups of people that are 100% proven, however they would have a difficult, indeed likely impossible time proving them to others.

In my case, precognitive dreams. I Know that Human Beings can see the future, because I DO. Precognitive Dreams are a very special gift to our species, because with enough of them occuring to you, you come to Knowing of the Reality of the Phenomena. To be sure, many people have what they thought were precog dreams and weren't, but come on - this is the tiny window of attack that humbugs who worship before the Altar of Susan Blackmore and the like utilise as their only tenuous means of debunking the Reality of the Phenomena that is Precognition.

Let's say five people, motorists, total strangers - were suddenly stopped in the middle of the road by a Flying Saucer landing infront of them and then these little grey fellows with balloon-shaped heads come out and say hello. Now, those five individuals DID NOT experience some collective group hallucination, that is just freaking bollocks!

The average schmo can become an amateur paranormal investigator, indeed, a seeker of Knowing, and on the meagerest of resources.

The Two Weapons in your Arsenal, Intrepid Travellers, are Astral Projection and E.V.P

You Have Two Hands, and you have Two Weapons - Feel the Power!

Anyone on the entire planet can afford to attempt astral projection/remote viewing and lucid dreaming experiments with the goal of SEEING what they SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SEE! Doesn't matter if you're a starving person in Africa living on 1 dollar a day. We all need to sleep, right? Every time you go to sleep is another chance to prove to yourself that your Consciousness Extends beyond your current wretched mortal body

As for E.V.P. www.aaevp.com (recording ghosts on audio and even on your tv screen among other things!) You got several options. You can go "old school" and use a tape recorder (don't use microcasettes, read somewhere it's not as good as big cassettes), but then you will need to provide some sort of constant background noise such as a fan or a running tap. This is the Lore on these things, it's how it's supposed to work. Don't use a "white noise generating program" on a PC because the sound of your PC defeats the purpose. If you, however, buy yourself an Actual White Noise Generator, well then your in the Big Leagues now.

The Weapon of Choice, however, for the serious EVP investigator is to buy yourself a Digital Audio Recorder. They aren't all that expensive. I'm in Australia and I bought a JNC USB-350 and it cost me $150 dollars. The important thing is to make sure they have that port which allows you to connect the device to your PC for further sound analysis. you can download a free program Audacity from the www.aaevp.com website.

The Neat thing about Digital Audio recorders is they provide their own background noise from the internal circuitry, and it is actually good to buy a cheaper, older model as they have the most internal noise, but that isnt to say that you can't record EVPs with flashier newer models or in high quality mode on your cheapo recorder, from what I've read you can record fantastic evps with the more expensive recorders, its just a little more difficult and takes longer to get results, kinda like fishing and nothing will bite for quite some time.

I have had inconclusive results with my own EVP recording attempts so far. I recorded on two seperate occassions these 3-odd minute recordings where there was this identical wierd noise but I think it was just my stomach gurgling :) I spose the trick is to place the recorder a little further away from yourself! I even bothered to play one in reverse and it sounded like "kalp me" (help me). WELL - back to the drawing board!

Early days yet for me - here fishy fishy...

5 comments:

Sophia said...

I bet that EVP recordings would be wild in haunted places. Is your recorder something that is portable?

Matrljani said...

Yes it's simply an electronic version of a casette recorder. Smaller than your average mobile phone. I was thinking of taking it to the local graveyard :)

I gotta read up on local purportedly haunted places in my local area..

Matrljani said...

by the way, if you havent seen the the White Noise DVD, it has extra features such as advice on a good method for recording evps (start recording, wait 30 seconds, ask a question/address the spirit/s, and then keep it recording for 3-5 minutes, etc)

The Husband and Wife Team on these DVD features are actually the current Directors of the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena AAEVP.

Sophia said...

I wish I had watched the special features of that DVD when I rented it last year. I'll just have to follow your progress to see if you get anything. I'm anxious to see what kinds of results you get. If you get something affirming, I hope you put it on your blog! :)

Matrljani said...

Heheheh - I can understand anyone's reluctance to pursue EVP for themselves after reading that last bit at the end of White Noise - wasn't it something like "10% of all EVP contact is of a Negative/Hostile kind!"

Point is, though - even if I recorded some EVPs in the future and even shared them with you, it's not Knowing for You, only Me. It's only as useful as, say, hearing the ones recorded on sites like the aaevp website.

EVP is so potentially scary (I mean, you could end up being flypaper for demons!) But then again, anyone paranormal contact is good contact, if it gives you Knowing.

Sorta reminds me of this depressed guy I read about who was prescribed benzos by his Doctor and the Doc said "we need to alleviate your immediate suffering, we can always get you unaddicted to the benzos later".

Same with Negative spirits (or as Robert Bruce calls them, Negs)- EVP can possibly Cure you of your unknowing. You can always shake off the nasty critters later :)