Saturday, May 12, 2007

I had my first session with a Reiki Practitioner today

Oh man, I don't care if I'm wrong and it was just the placebo effect - I felt stuff from this Japanese version of "Laying on of hands" in the pursuit of healing. There was a feeling of increasing warmth in my Heart, My Head had tingle/vibrations, and when I stood up (the session was done with me lying down) I felt the tingles/vibrations throughout my Entire Body. Also, I was off-balance (which they warned me about after the fact)

The only other time I have felt this whole-body vibrational thing was the time I read some of Astral Projection Pioneer Robert Monroe's third (and final) book "Ultimate Journey" and then went to sleep, later waking up in the middle of the night feeling my entire body vibrating.

The person in question also charged a saintly price for the rather long session. They said that they felt that (to paraphrase them, from memory) "the power did not belong to them, did not come from them - so they felt it was unfair to charge very much for their services." $10 for one hour, and they were with me for easily an hour and a half.

And they Knew stuff about me. They said that they Knew that although I have a Great Heart, that it was sporadic, that (in terms of chakras, as they considered it) most of the energy was streaming forth from my throat, head etc in this force of intellect and speech. From the perspective of their beliefs (regarding the Chakras) they believed that there was this blockage in my stomach, and it came out sporadically and reach my Heart, but then not again...

This person Knew that I was someone who has the Light and Dark both in play simultaneously, even though I possessed a conscience. Nietzschean, in my words. Bwahahaha! The question is - do they believe that I am redeemable? do I believe that I am redeemable? Do I even believe that to Change from precisely what I am would be redemption?

Reiki - I'm hooked. Bring on the tingles and the vibrations! Will to Power! Cast thou physical ills out of thee, Not in the name of Jesus!

1 comment:

Sophia said...

From what I gather of reiki practitioners, they manipulate the energy that is in your body. In order to feel the vibrations and tingling sensations, they must have stimulated that energy somehow. It is my belief that the energy body that reiki practioners manipulate is the same energy body that many astral projectors speak of. However, at the present moment, since I have not had any success with astral projection, I therefore have not decided whether it's the energy body that leaves the physical body, or simply a change in awareness to another location.