Friday, May 4, 2007

The Nag Hammadi Scriptures, International Edition -coming out May 29


I'm really excited about this - it's going to have fresh translations of all the texts, and they're even being nice enough to throw in the texts from Codex Tchacos (Gospel of Judas, Book of the Stranger), not to mention the Berlin Codex version of Gospel of Mary.

It's a Hardcover book, as well. That's neat if you have a pre-existing softcover like me, because it means that you can now treat it with somewhat less than the 100% reverence you previously did :) An example of this is my Penguin softcover version of Plotinus' Enneads. Because I have the complete Enneads in Britannica Hardcover, I can throw my Penguin Enneads in my backpack when I travel and it gets the ol dog-ears and everything.

Pasted below is the link to the Publisher Harpercollins, concerning this new edition of the Nag Hammadi texts...(they even have a timer onscreen counting down by the second, heheheh)

http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780060523787/Nag_Hammadi_Scriptures_The/index.aspx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wasn't the Berlin Codex copy of the Gospel of Mary translated in The Nag Hammadi Library in English?

(I'm just as excited about the new translation. :D)

-Kushana