Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Why I Chose the Lucid Dreaming Technique for Myself, Personally

I'm naturally lazy, and also lucid dreaming seems to come rather easily to me, and although I may try more traditional methods of Astral Projection down the track for the meantime this is the horse I have decided to stick with. I have read positive things about Lucidity being an excellent Launch Pad into Astral Projection, and have noticed a few astral projection books mentioning Lucidity techniques along with the more familiar approaches.

There is, however, some level of confusion as to what the exact metaphysical differences between Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection and other phenomena such as Remote Viewing are. I admit to a certain small level of assumption-itis that the paranormal realm permeates our dream state because of the many precognitive dreams I have had over the years.

The main debate is whether Lucid Dreaming is in itself a paranormal state, or whether it is merely a good facillitator of it, in other words - a way to ease thru the commonly felt stages of sepearation from the body (vibrations, sense of floating). I myself have felt these sorts of sensations before as a result of bodged-up Lucid Dreams (or perhaps not so bodged-up up). Permit me to relate a few...

On a number of occassions while lucid dreaming I would try to get out of the body in the traditional sense, but then wake up with my eyes closed (someone infact informed me this is a good way to get out of the body)- well I must say I did feel a very distinct sense of floating on a number of occassions, waking up with my eyes closed. It felt as those I was lying on the floor of an elevator. The problem with this is "what the hell do I do next?" If I open my eyes, it ends. Do I just lay there with my eyes closed feeling the floating sensation and wait for something to happen?

As I said, I am lazy by nature. I own a few astral projection books and borrow others from the Library but when I read them, with their dozens of techniques I find myself frequently saying "blah blah blah!" I'm impatient! I want it NOW! I realise this is a vice of mine that needs working on :)

Also, I strongly suspect I have psychological blockers in succeeding in the "traditional" astral projection techniques. they usually involve lying around trying to stop fidgeting and clearing ones mind, or at any rate reducing the internal dialogue to some sorta calmer more consistent pattern.

WELL- for now I am sticking with straight-up Lucid Dreaming. How long for? maybe a few more months. Hopefully I won't croak before then

This is why I try to keep my bases covered, and attempt to record E.V.P. s as well www.aaevp.com A subject for a new post

No comments: